Last year, we did a segment on the Dad Wilder Podcast on the top 5 best Halloween candy. I think it is only appropriate to share my findings through my extensive research over the last 33 years. Also, one of the most underrated joys of having kids no one talks about is getting to sneak into their Halloween candy. Kids bring so much joy to our lives in many ways, but this is one that is not spoken about often. Right now, my kids are too young to notice all their Reese's peanut butter cups are gone!
To start with the list, I have to give you the 3 worst candy to receive on Halloween. As a kid, these would be the last pieces left in my basket around Thanksgiving that I would finally just throw away.
1. Whoppers - Who eats these besides 60 year old grandpas?
2. Tootsie Roll - I know, this is controversial, but when do you go to the gas station and by yourself some tootsie rolls for a sweet treat? Point proven.
3. Candy Corn - The absolute worst! The waxy texture of this abomination is plain foul.
Now with the top 5! I understand that people will disagree, but this is my blog and I am right.
3. Peanut M&Ms (or peanut butter)
2. Sour Patch Kids
1. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (and it's not even close)
This is the list, and I am hoping to dig into my kids baskets tonight to pick out my favorites! Leave a comment and let us know what your favorites are!
Also, the best part of Halloween is getting through it so you can start getting in the Christmas spirit! Check out our holiday shirts with the link below!