With Thanksgiving a week away I wanted to share my top 5 dishes. I start with 2 main dishes then get to the good stuff; the sides.
5. Turkey - This is good, but not the best part of Thanksgiving. My favorite thing about the turkey is having leftover turkey sandwiches the next day. I have yet to try a fried turkey which could move this up on the list!
4. Ham - This is an underrated dish at Thanksgiving because it gets overshadowed by the turkey. This is my underdog dish because it always surprises me how good it is.
3. Mashed Potatoes w/ Gravy - You cannot go wrong with this. I prefer the brown gravy for Thanksgiving, but I have no problem with white (country) gravy. This is a versatile side dish because you can use it with everything. You can dip your turkey in it or mix it with corn. This is an all around favorite.
2. Dressing (or Stuffing) - Whatever you want to call it, I love it. You can load it up with gravy or eat it by itself. I love this breaded deliciousness.
1. Cheesy Potatos (my Mother-in-Law's recipe) - This is the most delicious thing I have ever had. I was first introduced to this about 9 or 10 years ago when my wife made it. It is hashbrowns mixed with sour cream, cheese, onions and probably other delicious ingredients I am missing. This is so good Heely's ate this raw while intoxicated. Feel free to message me for the recipe.
Feel free to comment below anything you enjoy that I left off the list!